sandbaggers: Re: Neil's roots

Re: Neil's roots

Kenneth W. Crist Jr. (kayuucee@cfar.umd.edu)
Thu, 21 Sep 1995 14:16:02 -0400

On Wed, 20 Sep 1995 17:17:44 -0700, you wrote:

> Neil's flat is indeed decorated, and does contain clues to his roots.
> The most notable thing is a very large model of a sailing ship (easily
> three feet long and two high) in a case against the wall of the living
> room. This is probably a reference to his Marine past. (What's the other
> evidence for the Marines? I'm taking someone's word for it. Neil doesn't
> strike me as much of a soldier.)

Well, it was mentioned in one of the episodes. I don't recall
which one offhand.
As for Neil not seeming much like a soldier, well he does to
me. He reminds me of one officer I met when I was in the army. Only
one, mind you. This guy was extremely serious about his job and didn't
take anything from anyone.

Ken Crist
kayuucee@cfar.umd.edu