sandbaggers: Re: the cousins

Re: the cousins

Matthew Braun (mbraun@hydra.urbana.mcd.mot.com)
Fri, 15 Dec 95 13:40:52 CST

Gayle Feyrer writes of the actors who played "Jeff Ross and Karen Milner":
> Yes, they are both American. Though I thought for sure the actor
>playing Ross was an Englishman doing a really bad attempt at an American
>accent. Probably a mid-western flatness.

Nope--Bob Sherman is American. As for "other places he has appeared", my
favourite is in the movie "Twilight's Last Gleaming". He and John
Ratzenberger ("Cliff" from _Cheers_) play two marines who have to carry a
low-yield nuclear device into a silo.

I almost split my sides laughing when I saw those two in this serious
drama, and imagined Jeff Ross and Cliff placing the device, instead of two
dedicated Marines...

"Hey, Jeffie--whaddaya say we <ufff!> hit the bars after we place
this baby?"
"Will you shut up Cliff? I've just about <Uff> had it up to here
with you."
"Why so uptight? This sure beats draggin' the ol' <uff!> mailbag around."
"Be quiet, you idiot! Do you want them to <uff> know we're <unh> here?"
"I tell ya--you need to loosen up a bit there, El Jeffie. Did you know
that this device, although smaller than the "Little Boy" dropped on
Hiroshima, could generate three times the electromagnetic pulse if
detonated from a height of approximately 1000 feet above the earth?"
"Put a <ungh> sock in it Clavin!"
"And furthermore,..."
<Fist fight breaks out...>

m@

+-mbraun@urbana.mcd.mot.com-+- The daily papers seek a desperate phase -------+
| Matt Braun -- Motorola, | The television cameras join in the chase |
| Urbana, IL Design Centre | It's such fun interviewing urban decay |
+--Dangerous Projects Team--+-- I grab the microphone away... ----------[IH]-+