Sandbaggers: Re: What's in a name?

Re: What's in a name?

Jason Potapoff (jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca)
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 13:05:59 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Andrew Rogers wrote:

> I'm pretty sure I know what the term "sandbaggers" means. I like to
> think of them as the people who arrive just when the situation is most
> desperate and stem the flood by "sandbagging" the river.

It's mostly a british term but "Sandbagging" is a nickname for being
devious or getting ahead in some unconventional way. Ie. "The Dallas
Cowboys really sandbagged the 49ers by managing to sneak some extra money
into Sander's contract to allow him to slip under the salary cap.)
At least that's what i've gathered, not being british i don't know for
sure the exact meaning on the term.
But it's got something to do with doing something unexpected or
devious and i'm sure that's why Burnside named his squad that.

### ./\. ### JASON POTAPOFF. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
### _|\| |/|_ ### Email: jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
### \ / ### "You got any toilet paper over there?"
### / ### "You got five ones for a five?"