Sandbaggers: Re: Sandbaggers Television Show

Re: Sandbaggers Television Show

Jason Potapoff (jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca)
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 19:19:39 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Mark Gardner wrote:

> Folks:
>
> I went out to Yorkshire Television in Britain to inquire about the
> possibility of putting all the Sandbagger episodes on video, or to
> re-run them, or even possibly to do a sequel. Here's their answer.

<letter snipped>

When did you receive that message? I'm a little surprised that they
didn't realize that people outside of the UK watched the show. I mean the
CBC (Canada's national newtork for those who didn't know) bought the
rights to it and showed it twice and PBS stations around the continent
have been showing it at least a few times.

ON to the idea of doing more episodes. The likelyhood is pretty slim.
I've heard that the ratings weren't that great. Secondly the creator, Ian
Mackintosh, went missing and presumably died during the filming of the
last series. The producers decided not to do a 4th season because they
weren't totally satisifed with the replacement writers work. Supposidly
they considered but decided against it. Since then there reportantly have
been some attempts to revive it but from what i've heard
all attempts have failed. Being hearsay from hearsay this isn't exactly
more than weak rumors but supposidly Roy Marsden owns some of the rights
to the Sandbaggers and wanted to do another season with Ray Lonnen, Bob
Sherman, and Jerome Willis involved. Rumor has it Bob Sherman was to have
done a spec script for the project, but apparently they couldn't get any
real backing for the project. Of course the whole revival story is a very
unreliable rumor so I wouldn't take it too seriously..

I got this information from the Sandbaggers FAQ which is datted as
NOvember 6th, 1994. I'll post it if anyone wants it, provided someone
else doesn't have a more reccent version. I got it from a website
reguarding The Sandbaggers but I can't seem to find the address for it...
Damn must have lost it...

### ./\. ### JASON POTAPOFF. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
### _|\| |/|_ ### Email: jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
### \ / ### "You got any toilet paper over there?"
### / ### "You got five ones for a five?"