TV SCHEDULING SUGGESTION: UK SERIES CALLED "SANDBAGGERS"

Mark W. McElwain (mcelwain@cycor.ca)
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 11:16:23 -0400 (AST)

Thanks to Jason for getting the e-mail address for Bravo, the Canadian cable
TV channel with a mandate that fits well with airing Sandbaggers.

We would want Bravo to understand that Jason was not the only one who would
tune in if Bravo were to take this step. I've sent the attached e-mail, and
the more supporting messages, the more likely we are to succeed.

Thanks.

>To: bravomail@citytv.com
>From: mcelwain@cycor.ca (Mark W. McElwain)
>Subject: TV SCHEDULING SUGGESTION: UK SERIES CALLED "SANDBAGGERS"
>
>I'd like to add my voice to those making the suggestion that Bravo air the
UK spy series called Sandbaggers.

>As you might have heard, Sandbaggers aired in the late 70s and early 80s,
and arguably is the best spy series ever made. There are only 20 episodes,
available from Yorkshire Television, the ITV franchise.

>A testament to the quality of the shows is that there is a Webpage
(http://skylee.com/sandbaggers.html) with details of every episode, and a
mailing list of devotees.

>The problem facing many of us is that the show aired so long ago, before we
had VCRs, that we have not seen all of the programs.

>The opportunity for Bravo is as follows. The show seems to meet your
mandate quite directly. Unlike some of the older programs airing on
late-night TV, this is excellent stuff. Between the reality of its quality,
and the fanatics around who would either stay up or program the VCRs, I
believe you would find some genuine response in your viewer numbers if
Sandbaggers were aired at some obscure time. At this late date, it can't be
very expensive for you to air.

>Please pass this on to your director of programming.
>
>And if you decide to act on the suggestion, please respond and give us
fanatics some notice. There will be lots of gratitude and loyalty from some
of us who appreciate good TV.