Re: Hello!

paynem@sky2.bskyb.com
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 23:14:21 +0000

Honestly, CALLAN is better than THE SANDBAGGERS...heresy to many of you, I'=
m=20
sure...but I think many people would agree. THE SANDBAGGERS is excellent,=20
whereas CALLAN is a masterpiece..I really do urge all of you to track it=20
down: I promise you you won't be disappointed.

Cheers,

Marcus.
----------
From: Doody@compuserve.com
To: Payne, Marcus
Subject: Re: Hello!
Date: 26 September 1997 03:16

I think Marsden was only beginning to lose his hair back then; I don't
believe it was a wig we saw but am pretty sure his hair was thinning on top
and am certain that he had more than the average quota of forehead!

I'd be delighted to see a suspense series BETTER than Sandbaggers but have
a hard time imagining a tighter, more dramatic use of suspense and an even
harder time imagining such a superb collection of actors.

Golly! The man who played Sir Geoffrey Wellingham was SO good! So, for
that matter, was the first C. Both P.A.s to Burnside were superb. Willy
(Ray Lonnen) was extremely well done. As much as we were intended to
dislike the character, the actor who played Peel did a marvellous job ...
and the writers even teased us a little when he went to investigate a
Station staff who had complained about a Sandbagger, appeared to be
suborned by them, and came back with a report which, to Neil's
astonishment, condemned Peel's drinking buddies and exonherated the
Sandbagger.

Great stuff!