Re: Tapes

David Conner (dconner@bellatlantic.net)
Thu, 05 Feb 1998 18:57:50 -0800

Jason Potapoff wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, James V. Doody wrote:
>
> > I also refuse to accept totally that Willie didn't recover from that shot,
> > Joyce. It seems to me that such an ending was a classic "cliff-hanger"
> > with which to end a season. If your series is renewed, to have a choice
> > about whether to revive the character.
> >
> > By the way, I'm in Los Gatos too!
>
> I generally consider that Willie died. As for what happened to Neil
> after that, i'm torn between thinking he put it behind him like so many
> other deaths and kept going on, or else he finally had enough of the job
> and quit. OF course he probally would have been fired after that one
> anyways...

That's what I keep wondering about - it seems almost certain, barring some sort of
lucky turn of events, that Burnside would be sacked. What I wonder is, what on
earth would he do with himself after that? It's almost impossible to imagine him
anyplace other than SIS. Can you picture Burnside, after "wandering up and down
Whitehall looking for a job," as Wellingham once threatened, going to work at Ag and
Fish or something?