Re: Cast Sighting

Jason Potapoff (jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca)
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 12:34:17 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Forrest Palmer wrote:

> agile@crl.com said:
> |- I seriously disapprove of Burnside's methods in general. The
> |-botched machinations that end in the destruction of Alan Denson and
> |-his girlfriend being an excellent case in point. The whole scenairo
> |-is worthy of the KGB.
>
> I agree with this. But it seemed that as the series progressed, he started
> moving away from becomming like his enemies. The Anna Weisman episode was
> an indication of this. That's why, for me at least, the last episode seemed
> out of character.

Actually The Anna Weisman episode was out of character for Burnside. That
was the episode written by an "outsider" and probally was the proof to the
producers that they couldn't continue the series without MacKintosh and
keep up the same quality. It was a good episode and all, but I would have
to say that was out of character for Burnside. One can rationalize and say
that in this case or in that situation Burnside could be more compasionit.
As well as saying he was doing it more out of loyalty to Weisman as well
as being able to damage the Soviet Union, than human rights. But still it
was a bit of a stretch for the character so it felt out of place compared
to the rest of the episodes.

### ./\. ### JASON POTAPOFF. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
### _|\| |/|_ ### Email: jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
### >______< ### "Where there is much light, the shadow is deep."
### / ### - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe