Re: Cast Sighting

mitch cunningham (sam_houston@webtv.net)
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 20:02:58 -0500

--WebTV-Mail-1634567269-3636

True and I believe the voters support their intelligence services thru
Congessional Oversight as well as by their elected official's
administation of them. For all his faults and Machivellianism (is that a
word?) he basically rightly assessed the Soviet threat.

--WebTV-Mail-1634567269-3636

To: sam_houston@webtv.net (mitch cunningham)
Cc: jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (Jason Potapoff), sandbaggers@skylee.com
Subject: Re: Cast Sighting
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 11:54:32 -0500
From: Forrest Palmer <palmerf@aol.net>
Sender: owner-sandbaggers@skylee.com

sam_houston@webtv.net said:
|-With the Carter
|-administration basically capitulating to the Soviets on Afghanistan,
|-any committed democrat would react forcefully to scuttle empty and
|-ineffectual treaties such as SALT II. Yes?!.

But if you're a `committed democrat' you're supposed to make your
case to the voters and let them decide these things.

agile@crl.com said:
|- I seriously disapprove of Burnside's methods in general. The
|-botched machinations that end in the destruction of Alan Denson and
|-his girlfriend being an excellent case in point. The whole scenairo
|-is worthy of the KGB.

I agree with this. But it seemed that as the series progressed, he started
moving away from becomming like his enemies. The Anna Weisman episode was
an indication of this. That's why, for me at least, the last episode seemed
out of character.

|-Gayle

Forrest Palmer palmerf@aol.net
America Online, Inc. (703) 918-1634