Re: Disapprove?

MJ Skeptic (MJSkeptic@aol.com)
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 23:35:04 EST

In a message dated 3/18/98 4:09:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, agile@crl.com
writes:

<<
> On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Anton Sherwood wrote:
>
> > Be fair, nobody destroyed Alan. Or did he fall under that bus on
purpose?

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Jason Potapoff wrote:

> He was so shocked by his girlfriend's suicide (and probally realized
> that Burnside had something to do with it) he wasn't paying attention
> where he was going and was run over. If she didn't kill herself he
> wouldn't have been in such a daze and noticed the car in time...

I don't know that Alan knew at this point, but I believe it is a
fair interpretation that he is terribly distracted by all the disturbing
events, the weird phone call, and his own conflicts about being a
Sandbagger that he was distracted. Neil incorrectly assessed the stresses
on Alan because he did not want to face the consequences to the
Sandbaggers. To me much of Neil's blather about being there for his
agents is negated by the various forms of destruction he brings down on
them. Certainly, Alan's not the only person ever to have such conflicts,
but I blame Neil more than I might otherwise because of his insidious
manipulations. Neil is also only indirectly responsible for Sally's
death, but the weight is far heavier because of his terrorizing her.

Gayle >>

One thing I noticed. I never saw the first five episodes until a few weeks
ago. So, I saw them (more or less) 6 threw the end then a big gap and then
1-5.

In seeing them in THAT order, I feel much more strongly FOR Neil than many of
you. I think he comes off much more harsh in the first five shows. If I had
seen them first I might not have made him into my idol, but I didn't and now
he can do no wrong!

Michael