Re: Anton's tapes

Wendy & Dave Laing (wendave@ozemail.com.au)
Sun, 2 May 1999 16:01:25 +1000

Anton,

Droool, Slather, dribble, Oh boy oh boy! (Sorry but I couldn't resist
venting my feelings he he) How wonderful, VHS of the missing 7-20
episodes!!!

Chris, I look forward to future communications *smile* Chris, As a writer &
teacher of English/Writing I fully understand the copyright laws! I feel
that it is OK for copying the 7-20 episodes, with payment to only cover your
costs (tapes/postage etc) as these last 14 episodes are not available
commercially & I'll be only using them for my own personal home viewing
*smile*.

Thanks Sandbaggers for your help!!!! My husband & I have just finished
viewing the first 6 episodes which arrived safely from the US via Amazon.
Wow, what a build up!

We both feel that nothing has changed since the 'Cold War' days!

I can quite easily compare the 'politics' currently involved in the Balkans
confrontation. e.g. Australia offered to take refugees on a short term
basis - only to be refused (on the valid premise that it was too far from
Europe) However on hindsight, now the 'temporary' camps in Europe have
turned into 'squalor' camps, the Bureaucrats have now changed their minds &
are sending refugees to other countries. This all reminds me very much of
the 'hidden' powers behind the SB team. e.g. If it involves the oilfields in
the Middle East, then immediate action is taken! ( shades of episode 5
'Always Glad to Help')
NATO & Western powers & the current opposition powers are still playing the
power games. These are only observations to 'stir up' comments! *smile*

Any comments/rebuffs Sandbaggers???

Cheers Wendy & Dave

Ps Dave adds.....the Governments have been run by Public Servants since the
beginning of Democracy. The "voted in representatives" are only figureheads,
their only power being their signatures at the bottom of the page!!! This is
highlighted in Episodes 1-6. In episode 2 "A Proper Function of Government",
the life of an African Dictator was preserved whist the life of a possible
defector was in question.