Re: Jeff Ross

Loretta Greco (l57@execpc.com)
Fri, 07 May 1999 20:15:09 -0500

Paul R. Sadowski wrote:

> > things I've noticed without really studying. Neil's treatment of Willie
> > varies a good deal, and maybe there is an internal consistency that I've
> > missed. Sometimes there is a legitimate superior to subordinate level of
> > secrecy, which I could respect (except Neil does tell Willie stuff he
> > shouldn't). Sometimes, as with hiding his plans about Laura's
> > assassination, or wanting to set up the African assassination for himself,
> > it's obvious why Neil wouldn't admit what's going on. But there are
>
> The NB/WC relationship is different from that with JR. There can be ethical
> disputes and fears that WC will have to act his beliefs rather than blindly
> support NB as JR tends to. This creates a tension that just isn't there between
> NB and JR.
>
> Paul

I enjoyed all the chat about Jeff Ross. I'm glad I brought it up. I
pretty much agree with everyone's idea that Willie was a good friend of
Neil's but that Jeff was a friend in a strictly business way. But, I
think Neil could kick back at Jeff's house and have a beer (coke) and
chat about world politics and headlines that Neil is really in tune
with. I liked their relationship.

Since I threw out the Jeff Ross question, here's another - anyone have
any Sandbagger zines or stories? I managed to pick one up in a used zine
box last year at MediaWest (It Couldn't Happen Now...). Since I'm very
late coming into the fandom, I imagine everything is old and possible
not obtainable.

Any thoughts?

Loretta