Re: Neil & women!

Gayle Feyrer (agile@crl.com)
Fri, 28 May 1999 10:11:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 28 May 1999 horvath@aesop.rutgers.edu wrote:

> Sorry, but I think Neil's kindness and gentleness were fragile creatures.
> He could be kind and gentle when it suited him (Laura) but I'm not
> convinced these were intrinsic parts of his nature. I think he'd been at
> the job too long and some of the gentler aspects of personality were lost.

I agree with this completely.

> Yes, because I think he did love her in his way, even if he was totally
> clueless about what kind of relationship they might have had in the
> future. But...here's a tricky question: would he have been as shattered
> if he'd had to have Willy assassinated in front of his eyes???

I think Neil undervalues Willie's love and friendship, but I
wonder if the long-term effects of Willie's death would not be just as
devastating.

> possibility that Jeff was being very Machiavellian...with HIS operate in
> bed with his opposite number...hmmmm, would there be a power t hing here?

I think Jeff would have been happy to use it if he could, but
Karen seemed genuinely interested, though I can't figure out why. Seems
like the series had to have all the women yearning for Neil.

Gayle