Sandbaggers: Re: Approximate cost faced by broadcasters to air Sandbaggers

Re: Approximate cost faced by broadcasters to air Sandbaggers

Jason Potapoff (jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca)
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 00:16:30 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Mark W. McElwain wrote:

> Does anyone have experience/advice with this question:
>
> In Canada there are several small specialty cable channels which have a
> mandate that might fit with airing older, high-quality programs like
> Sandbaggers. Does anyone have any idea how much it might cost for such a
> network to obtain the rights to air the 20 episodes? If we decided to
> petition one of the networks to air SB, the Canadian alumni of this mailing
> list [all 50 of us] could e-mail or write the cable channels, and their
> viewership is usually so small that we could bump the numbers at an obscure
> time of the week....

I was thinking of that, in fact when SHowcase first came on I sent them
E-mail telling them about the Sandbaggers. You would think that the
Sandbaggers would fit in with either Showcase or Bravo, expecially Bravo.
I haven't got a clue as how to get ahold of Bravo though.. Showcase
lists their e-mail address every so often on air.

### ./\. ### JASON POTAPOFF. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
### _|\| |/|_ ### Email: jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
### \ / ### "You got any toilet paper over there?"
### / ### "You got five ones for a five?"