FW: TV SCHEDULING SUGGESTION: UK SERIES CALLED "SANDBAGGERS"

Steven Travis (stravis@ibm.net)
Sun, 23 Mar 1997 17:17:49 -0500

Bravo TV, Director of Programming,

I am also a fan of the Sandbaggers series. =20

I think that this would be a great addition to the Television Worth =
Watching series. I have been faithfully watching Cop Rock, the Avengers, =
The Saint, Fernwood 2-Night and America 2-Night, Mary Hartman Mary =
Hartman, and Secret Agent. (I bough Twin Peaks on video).

Keep up the good programming. Looking forward to more.

Steven Travis
Oshawa, Ontario
stravis@ibm.net

----------
From: Mark W. McElwain[SMTP:mcelwain@cycor.ca]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 1997 6:16 AM
To: sandbaggers@skylee.com
Subject: TV SCHEDULING SUGGESTION: UK SERIES CALLED "SANDBAGGERS"

Thanks to Jason for getting the e-mail address for Bravo, the Canadian =
cable
TV channel with a mandate that fits well with airing Sandbaggers.

We would want Bravo to understand that Jason was not the only one who =
would
tune in if Bravo were to take this step. I've sent the attached e-mail, =
and
the more supporting messages, the more likely we are to succeed.

Thanks.

>To: bravomail@citytv.com
>From: mcelwain@cycor.ca (Mark W. McElwain)
>Subject: TV SCHEDULING SUGGESTION: UK SERIES CALLED "SANDBAGGERS"
>
>I'd like to add my voice to those making the suggestion that Bravo air =
the
UK spy series called Sandbaggers.

>As you might have heard, Sandbaggers aired in the late 70s and early =
80s,
and arguably is the best spy series ever made. There are only 20 =
episodes,
available from Yorkshire Television, the ITV franchise.

>A testament to the quality of the shows is that there is a Webpage
(http://skylee.com/sandbaggers.html) with details of every episode, and =
mailing list of devotees.

>The problem facing many of us is that the show aired so long ago, =
before we
had VCRs, that we have not seen all of the programs.

>The opportunity for Bravo is as follows. The show seems to meet your
mandate quite directly. Unlike some of the older programs airing on
late-night TV, this is excellent stuff. Between the reality of its =
quality,
and the fanatics around who would either stay up or program the VCRs, I
believe you would find some genuine response in your viewer numbers if
Sandbaggers were aired at some obscure time. At this late date, it =
can't be
very expensive for you to air.

>Please pass this on to your director of programming. =20
>
>And if you decide to act on the suggestion, please respond and give us
fanatics some notice. There will be lots of gratitude and loyalty from =
some
of us who appreciate good TV.