Re: Disapprove?

Jason Potapoff (jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca)
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 23:41:09 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Anton Sherwood wrote:

> Gayle Feyrer writes
> : I seriously disapprove of Burnside's methods in general. The
> : botched machinations that end in the destruction of Alan Denson and his
> : girlfriend being an excellent case in point. The whole scenairo is
> : worthy of the KGB.
>
> Be fair, nobody destroyed Alan. Or did he fall under that bus on purpose?

He was so shocked by his girlfriend's suicide (and probally realized
that Burnside had something to do with it) he wasn't paying attention
where he was going and was run over. If she didn't kill herself he
wouldn't have been in such a daze and noticed the car in time...

> mitch cunningham writes:
> : ... He seems to agree with Whitaker Chambers who believed
> : that Communsm would triumph in the end
>
> I'm reminded of Poul Anderson's character Dominic Flandry, who sees
> the coming end of his civilization - and struggles to delay it until
> *after* his own lifetime, so he can go on enjoying civilized comforts.
>
> : (and died before seeing the opposite result) .
>
> It makes watching _The Sandbaggers_ a bit like watching Westerns...
>
> : ... I believe the voters support their intelligence services thru
> : Congessional Oversight as well as by their elected official's
> : administation of them.
>
> (I will NOT start another political debate. I will NOT start another
> political debate. I will NOT start another political debate. I will NOT
> start another political debate. I will NOT start another political
> debate. I will NOT start another political debate. I will NOT start
> another political debate. I will NOT start another political debate. I
> will NOT start another political debate. I will NOT start another ...)
>
> Anton Sherwood *\\* +1 415 267 0685 *\\* DASher@netcom.com

### ./\. ### JASON POTAPOFF. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
### _|\| |/|_ ### Email: jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
### >______< ### "Where there is much light, the shadow is deep."
### / ### - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe