Re: Jeff Ross

Jason Potapoff (jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca)
Sat, 08 May 1999 11:13:10 -0600

At 07:26 AM 5/8/99 EDT, Amvee@aol.com wrote:

>Ah, but those Germans didn't seek to exploit a personal friendship. I don't
>blame Neil for being miffed at Jeff. He tried to use Neil's personal concern
>for him to turn Neil into a stalking-horse to warn him whether his little
>trick of targeting Trevor Darcy had been rumbled. I just don't understand
how
>they ever got on with each other again. Then of course shortly thereafter
>Jeff got Wallace into a dicey situation by again using one of Neil's other
>friendships to put the screws on Willie in "Unusual Approach".

I think part of the reason why Burnside and Ross kept getting along with
each other was for two reasons. 1) they had to. Both had information and
resources that the other needed. And to make use of them they had to keep
their connection going. 2) They are similar in many ways. They have
nearly the same job, they face the same stress, and problems. So they both
understand what the other is going through so they share a common bond.
Both (well certainly Burnside, but probably Ross as well) don't have that
many friends and when you have few friends you try to keep the ones you do
have even if they did something that would normally sever the friendship.

JASON POTAPOFF. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Email: jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
There is no spoon.