Re: FW: Jeff Ross/Laura, etc.

Jason Potapoff (jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca)
Sat, 08 May 1999 11:05:26 -0600

>On Fri, 7 May 1999, McClellan, Patti wrote:
>> > everything/everyone he loves, for that reason. I believe he withheld
>> > the full plan (resulting in Laura's death) [are we worried about
>> > spoilers here, or not?] from Willie because he cares about him and
>> > knows his sense of honor will be deeply offended by the inescapable
>> > conclusion Neil had reached, and knew that it would probably
>> > permanently damage their friendship. Jeff Ross, however, is a

It seems to me everyone here has watched at least the first 7 episodes so
for those episodes I don't think there's a spoiler problem. For the
episodes after Laura's death we might want to be more careful. As it
sounds like there are a number of people who didn't see them but could very
well see them soon via tape trading.

At 04:52 PM 5/7/99 -0700, Gayle Feyrer wrote:
> I thought he didn't tell him because he might try and interfere.
>Although there are a number of situations where Willie disagreed with
>Neil, but obeyed loyally anyway.

My theory why Burnside didn't tell Willie about the plan was simply he
didn't want to put WIllie into the tough position of having to try and
pretend it wasn't going to happen. By making it a surprise Willie wouldn't
have enough time to think about it, he'd just have to do his job. Also
this made sure that Willie didn't intentionally or unintentionally decide
tip their hand too early. I think in the end WIllie probably realizes
that it was necessary. He didn't like it, but it had to be done because of
the circumstances. (and in some way it was easier on Laura, less torture)

JASON POTAPOFF. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Email: jpotapof@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
There is no spoon.