RE: lecarre/deighton

David Bober (david.bober@btinternet.com)
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 13:16:55 +0100

I'm not sure about Archer, and it would take more than 2000 quid in an
envelope to convince me ;)

Seymour's wonderful with his lead characters. They're tragic and flawed and
all-too human. Harry's Game is still my favourite, but In Honour Bound
would make a perfect SB feature.

I agree with everything that's been said about the mood and politics in Le
Carre. It's the tangled bureaucracy and changes of
political direction above the heads of the ops guys. I can also see the
similarities in how Burnside is easily interchangable with Guillam, and
Sandbaggers with Scalphunters.