sandbaggers: Neil's apartment

Neil's apartment

Ernest Adams (ewadams@netcom.com)
Sun, 14 Aug 1994 00:17:27 -0700

Gayle wrote:

> I dunno. I was shocked at how slovenly his apartment looked. I
> still think Neil would be a total neat freak.

I just re-watched "Is Your Journey Really Necessary," last night, and
there was a scene where we get a fair look at Neil's living room. It
certainly wasn't messy -- in fact, I thought it was a bit overdone.
(A big ship model in a glass case? That doesn't really sound like Neil.)
He also had a framed photograph of a young woman on an end table. I can
only assume that it was Brenda, but why would he still have it? Too
lazy to get rid of it?

Also, I'm surprised that he keeps liquor on hand if he doesn't drink.
Of course he might well keep it for friends, but I have always assumed
he was a recovered alcoholic.

Now, it's possible that we're seeing the results of Brenda's decorating,
assuming that she moved out and he kept the flat. Still, it just looked
a bit too "rich" for someone of his attitudes.

I'm not surprised his kitchen (seen in a later Laura Dickens episode) was
a mess -- he probably makes a stab at cooking for himself, but never
really gets serious, and rarely cleans up.

His office is fairly tidy, but I think that's probably Diane's work more
than his. I like the fact that he has a Churchill bust and Jeff Ross has
a Kennedy bust.