sandbaggers: Re: the cousins

Re: the cousins

Arthur C. Kyle ((no email))
Fri, 15 Dec 95 12:20:46 -0800

jem@actel.com (John McGowan) wrote:
> As far as I can tell Jeff Ross is American but Karen Milner
>is British. One thing that confirms this is in the episode where
>Willie guards the U.S. Senator, Karen Milner explains to Burnside
>that the fanatic that killed the senator was with the "American
>Rifle Association." While there may actually be an ARA, most likely
>they meant to say the "National Rifle Association" and any truly
>American actress would have asked the director to correct her
>line.

Perhaps she would have asked, but then again, not all Americans know the
NRA's name and furthermore, perhaps the writer specifically decided not to
name the NRA. I was irritated enough that mere membership in some NRA-like
club implies fanaticism-cum-insanity, and, as an NRA Life Member and
certified firarms safety instructor (handgun, rifle, shotgun, Home Firearm
Safety, and Personal Protection), I would have been positively insulted if
they had mentioned NRA by name.

--Arthur
ack@skylee.com