Replies

nigel.lowey@harpur.com
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 18:44 +0000

Re:
> Actually, I'm amazed that the website and this mailing list
> exists for what is such an obscure series...I never
> expected anything in a million years when I did the web
> search! Even among dedicated cult TV enthusiasts (of
> which I am one), the series is little-remembered.
It used to be on at 9pm, -so prime time television! I
remember a TV reviewer saying after the final episode was
aired that it had always been in the top 20 programmes but
had to finish because no-one but Ian Mackintosh could come
up with good stories...

> Anyone have any idea of shooting dates for the episodes?
Late Seventies. As I've said before somewhere, I worked at
the University of York at the time, and they filmed some
location shots at the University campus; Yorkshire
Television Studios being 20 miles down the road in Leeds.

I'm sure the office was an old dye-works in Leeds.

On a separate note, I visited the Foreign and Commonwealth
Office in London last Sunday (open to the public for the first
time ever). It is an absolutely amazingly impressive victorian
italian/venetian/gothic building, and I could well imagine C
and Wellingham and co. having discussions there...

-Nige. L